Secondary School Inchicore

AuthorMessage DateMessage
Mags27/04/2016Given the fact that there are 4 local primary schools in the area of Inchicore (Model, SGMS, Goldenbridge, Gael Scoile) I can't understand why there is no mixed Secondary School in Inchicore available to our children.
I am aware that the Mercy School is a girls secondary but there is nothing at all locally for boys. It would be nice to have the option of a local mixed school.
Surely our kids deserve a decent, modern mixed secondary school in the area. I see from previous thread about the land at St. Michaels for housing. What about putting this to use as a site for a secondary school? There is the demand for it.
I know there are feeder schools in Dublin 8 and Clondalkin for the Gael Scoile but I think given the population and the fact that we have 4 local primary schools that our kids really deserve a secondary school in the area they can continue on their education with their peers. Seems this area is always forgotten when it comes to any kind of development for the local people.
Jane02/05/2016Yeah u would think Inchicore would have a secondary school for boys, dreading my Sons having to get the bus into town or ballyfermot for secondary school.
Emma24/05/2016http://www.et2ldublin.org/

There is a campaign at presnt for an Educate Together secondary school for Dublin South City (D 2/4/6/8). Dept are taking submissions. You should fill out ana Expression of Interest form ( on the website) so that the dept can guage level of interest and locality of demand.
Maria01/06/2016Think the site for the new second level school is nearer to Dublin 4. The old glass bottle factory has been mentioned but nothing is confirmed.