Garden Hill, Mount Brown, Kilmainham

AuthorMessage DateMessage
MT13/01/2016I'm looking for information about a house - Garden Hill, Mount Brown, Kilmainham. It was owned by the Poor Law Union in the 1880's, and was let out at that time. I can't find it on any of the old maps. Would anyone have any information about it?
alan c16/01/2016Hi,
If you look at Thom's Almanac (link below) you get a description of the street, the numbers are different, Mount Shannon house is listed and a few buildings down is Garden Hill. The online Census 1911 describes Garden Hill as having 8 windows to the front and the Doyle Family living there at the time.
This can only be no 31 Old Kilmainham on the corner with Rowserstown Lane, and the Academy of Medical Lab Science are now in this building.
http://www.libraryireland.com/Dublin-Street-Directory-1862/779.php
MT17/01/2016Hi and thank you so much for this. I think this is definitely the right track.
Eddie Doyle08/11/2016My family predecessors were the Doyles who lived in Garden Hill. My Grandfather was the Master of the South Dublin Union.

I would be glad to help with any information that might be of value, my mobile number is 0894796625