Left turn at the black lion on to Emmet road

AuthorMessage DateMessage
Very concerned 09/03/2015Cars keep breaking the red light at the left turn on to Emmet road at the black lion corner. It's only a matter of time before someone gets seriously injured or killed there. Was crossing there today with my daughters and a car came speeding around the corner to within 6 inches of us. Still in shock! This is not the first time this has happened, we had the green light to cross to road. Like everything else it will take a serious injury or death before anyone takes notice but it'll be to late then!!!
Ken10/03/2015When driving onto the emmet road i am often waiting at that red light and it annoys the hell out of me that people behind me beep the horn at me to break that red light you're talking about . I know there is a pedestrian crossing there too . It's very dangerous for a driver as well as if they drive too far(i think i did this only once) they can't see the correct traffic light as the left hand one is only visible at the black lion. There is none on the island ahead.
BG24/04/2015I've been caught out there both as a pedestrian and a driver. You can't see the light when driving and you cant trust the pedestrian lights.
I've reported the poor Road surfaces in the area to the council traffic department but there's been no action. Maybe if a few more reported faults in the area to them they may pay more attention
http://www.dublincity.ie/main-menu-your-council-your-city-councillors/full-councillor-list