New homeless centre Kilmainham cross

AuthorMessage DateMessage
Judi27/12/2014Novas Initiatives have just applied for permission to build a homeless centre comprising 13 apartments (6 2-bed, 7 1-bed) at the derelict corner site of SCR and Emmet Road.
Just wanted to share that, I'm in two minds myself whether this is to be welcomed or not, it's badly needed but there is a severe over-concentration of homeless accommodation in the Dublin 8 area already.
Also it's perculiar time to apply for permission, I guess they are hoping for less objections being holiday season
harry31/12/2014I wouldn't worry about it at all because it's apartments, not a hostel. Basically an individual has to have a substantial degree of stability in their lives before they are given apartments or similar independent living accommodation. Homeless folks who use drugs and alcohol to excess are usually restricted to hostels.
Michael O'Flanagan07/01/2015Thanks for notice.
Judi08/01/2015https://irl.eu-supply.com/app/rfq/publicpurchase.asp?PID=80835

There are some documents attached to the tender link above with some details of the (not final) plans which look quite nice to me.
DCC don't seem to have the plans attached to the permission yet.
Oisin09/01/2015This looks great. That has been a derelict site for a very long time now.

There are a lot of homeless people, most of whom don't have problems that lead them to be antiseptic al, so this will be very welcome.
I do see the point that they should be developing in Terenure and Foxrock as well though
Oisin09/01/2015This looks great. That has been a derelict site for a very long time now.

There are a lot of homeless people, most of whom don't have problems that lead them to be antiseptic al, so this will be very welcome.
I do see the point that they should be developing in Terenure and Foxrock as well though
Judi28/10/2015This site has been granted planning permission. I don't see an appeal to an Bord Pleanala yet!