Noise from CIE Works late at night

AuthorMessage DateMessage
Lilybarlean08/10/2014For the second time in a week I have been awoken by noises from the CIE Works. This morning it was 3.00 a.m.! What are they doing? It sounds like a lot of cars beeping their horns. Surely they cannot carry out work at this time of the morning?
Sam08/10/2014Irish Rail have a duty to keep noise in their engineering works to a minimum.

You should contact:
Community Liaison Office, Iarnród Éireann, Engineering & New Works Building, Inchicore, Dublin 8. Telephone: 01 703 4451/703 4228

I live Abercorn Square in the Inchicore Railway Estate (aka the CIE Estate / CIE Works) and I heard no noise last night. Which part of the Inchicore Railway Estate do you live in? Perhaps you live closer to the engineering works than I do.
Lilybarlean08/10/2014I'm right beside them! Have tried ringing but nobody answers.
Kathleen Currivan08/10/2014We live right beside the track, in George's Villas. What on earth were they doing last night? The noise was horrendous. I don't even notice the trains but this was banging and creaking and clanging!
Lilybarlean09/10/2014I know! I contacted Irish Rail and they're investigating. They said if there's any more disturbances in the early hours to call their security gate on 01 703 3913. If you want to e-mail a complaint the address is damien.farrell@irishrail.ie