Cleaning up the Village: Phone Box on Grattan Crescent

AuthorMessage DateMessage
Oisin04/11/2013Inspired by the great work by Inchicore Environment Group, and the yarn bombers who decorated the phone box, I put this entry up on SeeClickFix to see if Smart Telecom would tidy it up: http://www.seeclickfix.com/issues/795223-old-broken-phone-kiosk-10m-from-another-one

As it happens, the phone boxes have been sold to another company, who plan to clean it up in the next 2-4 weeks!
Sean04/11/2013That's good to hear Oisin. A small improvement but they all add up.
I noticed on your link that you highlighted the door at the paddy power betting shop. This is something I've noticed myself and it looks very poor. Have paddypower responded back you about this?

Sean
Oisin05/11/2013No reply from paddy Power.
Haven't had a chance to chase up the landlord, but as I was passing last night it looked like all the PAddy Power branding was gone: wonder is the shop closing?

Good to see Centra is now sale agreed, and the council have done a great job on the bridge, with the Budleia bushes cut right back.

Baby steps!
Fiona06/11/2013This is great Oisin! Well done for highlighting the issue. It will be great to see the phone box either removed/fixed up.

There is another phone box up by Londis on Tyreconnell road which is a sight too. Hopefully this will be removed/fixed as well.

What I'd like to see as well is more places to lock your bike around the village. In front of Tesco and Londis could do with a place to lock up bikes.
Sean08/11/2013Just noticed yesterday evening that the door is now painted green on the paddy power shop. A small thing but makes a big difference

Sean