MEMORIAL PARK

AuthorMessage DateMessage
Shea Carroll26/05/2011Do any contributors to this forum know why the Con Colbert road gate to Memorial Park is closed at 7.30? In the past this gate was kept open until 8.30/9.00 in the evening.I have emailed the OPW but as yet ( 2 weeks later) have not had a reply. I use the Park most evenings but it is very inconvient to have to use SCR gate
LINDA26/05/2011I THINK THAT THE MEMORIAL GATES REMAIN OPEN LONGER WITH EACH PASSING MONTH TOWARDS SUMMER AND THEN STARTCLOSING EARLIER FROM SEPTEMBER.THE TIMES ARE DISPLAYED ON OUTSIDE OF MEMORIAL GATES IF YOU ARE PASSING THAT WAY.(Dog walking husband says gates stay open til 8.30 during August)
Shea Carroll27/05/2011Thanks for reply Linda but the gate has been closed at 7.30 all of april and may.It just seems a shame to close this amenity so early in the evening.
Mary Mc27/05/2011I asked that question a few years ago and was told the park is open only in daylight. Most parks have summer and winter opening times.
Pau28/05/2011I wrote to the OPW several years ago suggesting they provide a sign indicating opening hours on the Con Colbert Road and to be fair they did provide one.

If they aren't adhering to the proper opening hours in any particular month then you should let the OPW know.
Shea Carroll30/05/2011I have sent 2 emails on this subject to the OPW but to date have not had a reply
Paul02/06/2011Best always to put things in writing, and to send it as a letter. Might be old-fashioned but it usually forces a response, as they have to be seen to be answering queries.