P.J.Ryan and Paddy Dunney (Dunny?)

AuthorMessage DateMessage
Horatio27/06/2010P.J. Ryan lived in Inchicore and attended Croke Park on "Bloody Sunday" (Nov. 1920). He was a witness at the Military Inquiry held after the event. It is thought he worked in CIE "The Works".
Paddy Dunney / Dunny is named in a book as being from Inchicore and was shot dead nearby in May 1921 for being an informer / spy.
Has anyone further information of either person?
Michelle10/04/2012Hi,

I think I can help you with Patrick Dunney. He was born in Tallaght (Bohernabreena?) and later moved to Robinhood Road, just off the Naas Road in Bluebell. It was said that he may have been a fluent Irish speaker as he wore a fáinne, however Robinhood road would have been council houses and although children were educated I am unsure about the extent of this claim. He was the son of James Dunney and Jane Farrell or Farrelly, I am not certain. He died in 1921 leaving a widow Margaret (nee Murray) from Terenure in their family home at the Airfield cottages, Tallaght near Baldonnel Aerodrome Maybe this link can provide you with more information.

Hope this helps.

http://www.cairogang.com/soldiers-killed/dunny/dunny.html
patrick dunney21/01/2013would like to know if you have any photo of patrick dunney
Michelle 13/04/2014I knew our family had a portrait but only God knows where that is now! The only picture I could find is one from outside the cottage in Robinhood that was featured in the Irish Independent upon his death. I could send you the picture and any additional information I have if you'd like. My address is michelleduffy92@hotmail.com. Feel free to contact me.
Horatio07/01/2016Michelle, Michelle, where art thou Michelle ?!

My email to the address given bounces back as an invalid address ... !
Michelle10/03/2017Hi Horato,

Try michelleduffy92@gmail.com, I no longer use the former.

Jean coleman03/04/2017Hi came across this when looking into family history ,Patrick dunny was my grandmothers brother could you please send me any information you have or photos many thanks jean
kathleen currivan04/04/2017Hi Folks,
I grew up around the Fox and Geese area. As a very small child in the late 50's I distinctly recall a man named Jimmy Dunney who lived on what was called "the back road" ie Robinhood Rd on the way to Ballymount as opposed to the turn left, on the wayto the Long Mile. My parents knew him. He was a very well-dressed, dapper man, of small stature, with a moustache, if memory serves. We would see him walking to Mass with his wife.
kathleen currivan04/04/2017I have been looking at Irish Genealogy and there is a death registered,one Jane Dunney,Robinhood, widow aged 75 in 1944. My mother used to recall a Jenny Dunney from Robinhood, clearly the same person. The man I recall as a child must have been her son and the brother of Patrick, mentioned in other posts here.
Michelle11/04/2017Hi Jean,

Can you please send me an email via my gmail address mentioned above. I will be able to send you some stuff I have.

Thanks,
Michelle11/04/2017Hi Jean,

Can you please send me an email via my gmail address mentioned above. I will be able to send you some stuff I have.

Thanks,
Kim24/04/2017Hi all! And hello Jean. Patrick Dunny was my grandfather's uncle (also a Patrick Dunny). My grandfather was Thomas Dunny. Are your grandparents, Jane Dunny and Peter Coleman? I have them in my ancestry tree. So good to make family connections. I've messaged with Michelle before on ancestry. Would love any info you all have. My email is kimberlysspaeth@gmail.com