The Local Elecvtoral Areas in Inchicore

AuthorMessage DateMessage
LH19/05/2010Here is a Map of the Local Electoral Areas for Dublin City: http://www.dublincity.ie/YourCouncil/LocalElections2009/Documents/06_LEAMap.pdf

If you look at the map you will see that:

-The Inchicore Railway Works/Tyrconnel Road/Tryconnel Park/Jamestown Road portion of Inchicore is in the "Inchicore A" division of the Ballyfermot-Drimnagh Local Electoral Area.

-The Ranch/Floraville/Seven Oaks portion of Inchicore is in the "Kilmainham A" division of the Ballyfermot-Drimnagh Local Electoral Area.

-The Emmet Road/Bulfin Estate portion of Inchicore is in the "Kilmainham C" division of the South West Inner City Local Electoral Area.

-The CIE residential Estate/Inchicore Road portion of Inchicore is in the "Kilmainham B" division of the South West Inner City Local Electoral Area.

There are many curiosities that these boundaries cause. Here's one of them:
The CIE Residential Estate is in South West Inner City Local Electoral Area. But the CIE Railway Works is in the Ballyfermot-Drimnagh Local Electoral Area.
Judi19/05/2010Thanks LH.
It seems that from the map Kilmainham A and Inchicore A sould be included in the South West Inner city.
As it stands some of the Inchicore community is represented at local level by councellers in Ballyfermot and Drimnagh who would obviously be busy dealing with local issues there.
The councellors of the South West Inner city will have more interest in Inchicore but why shud they bother with issues in the areas where the people cant vote for them!
This democratic annomoly could be resulting in the community being under-represented and we may be getting less than our fair share of resources from the state.
Maybe correcting this might give some benefits to the local community?

And it just cant be that the Inchicore Works and proposed Inchicore DART station could be in Ballyfermot?

Alan C19/05/2010Well the proposed Inchicore DART station is hardly in Inchicore anyway at >1km from the village.
I had asked that Irish Rail change the name of this station to Inchicore Works, but not it seem I might have to ask them to change that to Ballyfermot. Makes sense.

On the other issue, it's obvious that Inchicore is badly represented and not getting its fair share of the local government pie. The whole community should have the same representatives, this map is ridiculous.

(It doesn't apply to TD's and I would like to show support for the great TD's we have representing the WHOLE community)
LH19/05/2010Alan, I've posted a reply on the thread titled "CIE Dart Underground Consultation 11/05/2010".