Cycle Way to Lucan

AuthorMessage DateMessage
Horse20/04/2010Does anyone know if the cycleway from Inchicore to Lucan is completed yet?
Paul20/04/2010I tried cycling along part of the route a few weeks back, out near Lucan, but it was blocked by hoarding. But it does seem to be substantially complete. Must check with the council...
Jo21/04/2010If you mean the cycle path on the canal, I was told its official opening would be in mid June, but that most of it would be open from mid May.
steve21/04/2010I walked along it the other day from Inchicore to the 9th lock and the new track looks great. I don't know when it will be opened but there are still some areas that need to be completed. It will be a great aminity to the area.
Horse25/04/2010Thanks for the feedback. Decided to take the plunge and see how far I could get from Inchicore. Made it all the to Balllyfermot. Cycled from Suir Road bridge. Lots of glass on the way... Could do with a clean up.
Horse17/06/2010just rec'd a notification from our local TD (Catherine Byrne) to say the cycle way is opening tomorrow (Friday, June 18th).