Funto Pizza

AuthorMessage DateMessage
Kgm06/08/2019New pizza place opening where Oliva used to be. Another welcome addition to the neighbourhood :)
Robert06/08/2019I'm excited to see this one as well! As far as I know the owner is a Croatian and plans o serve Croatian Burek as well.

I'm having my fingers crossed that this will turn into decent place to have a pizza (or Croatian food one day) rather than another take-away spot.

I'd be happy to visit when it is opened.
Shea Carroll 03/09/2019Checked out their menu online. 13 pizzas priced at €19.00?. Menu is too big & varied to be fresh. Also cardinal sin of sweet corn & pineapple on a pizza! Italian it ain't. But where are they going with their prices? Oh forgot to mention they do hot dogs ( with black pudding! ) as well. Bizarre combinations all round.
Kgm12/09/2019Baffled by the pricing too. 16 quid for a margherita? Place won't last a wet week with those prices.
C12/09/2019There's no menu displayed outside yet and there don't seem to be any cheaper/smaller pizzas for kids. Very bare look to the place. Hope they do well but I'll stick with Rascals for pizza.
Rg15/09/2019Between the tacky red sign and huge topping selection it seems to be just another pizza takeaway.
Theres nothing new or unique about it and the last thing inchicore needs is ANOTHER takeaway. I wonder did they do any market research at all?
K.Egan25/09/2019My exact thoughts, no market research, unfortunately do not think this establishment will last.
Menu and decor not inviting at all.
CL26/09/2019Perhaps you are not the market segment the company is after. There might be a good trade in quality take away pizza within 10mins from the shop. They might have put all the work into building a very efficient kitchen with enough capacity to cater for the demand. I haven't tried the place yet and agree with the comments above it does not look inviting to pop in for a meal but for takeaway you just need to be able to send out good pizza.
James16/11/2019I can comment Funto Pizza And Burek,They surprised me with the great taste of pizza, which I have never tasted in my life.They lowered pizza prices.They even do weekly promotions.Pizza even for 6 euros 10 inches.12 inches of pizza and a glass of wine for 16 euros.Great offer.They decorated the space and a great place for pizza and a glass of wine.To the boys all the best and see you soon.
Sean16/11/2019Sorry James, strings of gaudy fairy lights and an ugly "food" banner outside your door will not bring the punters in. It is not a pretty space inside. You should have studied how the Italian did it before you took over.
Neighbour 16/11/2019In fairness, the appearance of the place put me off for a long time. Despite this I felt sorry for them as the flag etc smacked of desperation and got food there recently,. I was pleasantly surprised as the pizza was one of the best I've had in a while. Certainly better than anywhere else within the village, bar rascals.
Its just a pity the place looks gaudy and contributes nothing to the aesthetic of Inchicore.
They didn't do themselves any favours with the opening price and red plastic sign.
K.Egan16/11/2019Yes decor is awful not inviting at all.
Cannot see it surviving among all the other fast food outlets, however good luck to them!
K19/11/2019The pizza is excellent, I have eaten there about 5 times since it opened. The initial problem when it first opened was that the prices were too high, but they are much better value now. But I 100% agree that the decor is very plain, and not very inviting. The furniture and décor when it was the enoteca were much nicer. If they are reading this, I would make two suggestions (a) remove the ugly "Food" flag from the front and (b) improve the decor.