Richmond Gastropub

AuthorMessage DateMessage
Matlock01/11/2018Inchicore suddenly has a new pub, where the Village Inn used to be. It looks nice - popped in yesterday evening - bright and clean, with a decent menu. It'll be good to have one more option for a sit-down meal in the village.

I can't find anything about it on social media, which is very odd in this day and age, especially considering the campaign Rascals are running further down Tyrconnell Road. Anyone have any more information?
C02/11/2018went in there for a bit last night and was very impressed with the place. Very cosy and the food was gorgeous. Super to see somewhere nice in the village. They have a Facebook page but no website yet.
Tim02/11/2018Sounds like it is worth a go. Might pop in over the weekend for a bite to eat.
Alyssa02/11/2018I'm so pleased to see some new businesses opening in the village. The pub looks great! Their facebook page has some further information and has a copy of their food menu
kathleen currivan02/11/2018What's it called so that we can check it out on Facebook?
Pat Kiernan02/11/2018It's called Richmond Gastropub.

Great news for the village. It's great to see new retail and service developments like this. All it takes is for us to support them. Shop Local as the old mantra goes. I'll pop in myself on Sunday.
Gmisk05/11/2018I called in yesterday for a few drinks, very nice inside I thought, the food looks really good as well, staff very friendly.
I can't find anything online at all...that seems like a big misstep.
I will defo be back.
Danny05/11/2018Popped in yesterday also. Have to be honest but I hate the look of the outside of it. Looks cheap and nasty and the name sign is too small. Looks like it was revamped on a budget of Ä99.99!

On the inside it's a bit dark. Pity they couldn't have saved the original floor to add a bit of colour and warmth. Decor is - interesting! Don't like the high tables and chairs but I'm guessing they're trying to appeal to a younger hipper crowd as opposed to the older ones with the bad hips!

We ordered food and it was excellent. Good menu and a nice selection of beers on tap. Staff seem friendly.

I hope it doesn't turn into a karaoke pub or a place where the local scobies congregate. We could do with a few more gastropubs/restaurants in the village. I hope it works out for them and I'll definitely be back.
Nancy07/01/2019I wonít be visiting here again, the food was disgusting, the staff were unfriendly but the the final straw was the smell of urine in the toilet which is beside the kitchen. It made me feel sick.
Shea Carroll 09/01/2019Turning into a fairly run of the mill pub. Music too loud,Darts on TV abrupt closing times. No different than any of the other pubs in the area. Poor selection of beers for this day & age.
Joanne09/01/2019I went in there on a Saturday in November, it was before Ireland played the All blacks. A very drunk man was sitting beside the piano near where we were having our food but the Polish owner kept serving him drink. Eventually he started vomiting everywhere beside us and as we tried to move away from the vomit we where told all the tables near us where reserved and the vomit would be cleaned up. Never again what a disgusting kip.
Joanne09/01/2019I went in there on a Saturday in November, it was before Ireland played the All blacks. A very drunk man was sitting beside the piano near where we were having our food but the Polish owner kept serving him drink. Eventually he started vomiting everywhere beside us and as we tried to move away from the vomit we where told all the tables near us where reserved and the vomit would be cleaned up. Never again what a disgusting kip.
John09/01/2019My son aged 5 was refused entry because he has a slight learning difficulty even though there was no one in there at the time. He wasnít going to make any noise, he canít. What a disgrace in this day and age, Scumbags.
Ricky11/01/2019What on earth does the ethnicity of the owner have to do with any of this? And with respect Inchicore Forum, these are entirely unverified anecdotes and should not be permitted as they currently stand
kathleen currivan12/01/2019That's just what I was thinking, Ricky. I haven't been in there but I will certainly try it out.
Shea Carroll 12/01/2019Hi Ricky. Accept your point re nationally of owner but where on earth have you been living? Welcome to the age of social media. If every tale had to run your veracity test there wouldn't be a forum. After all they're just opinions
Ricky12/01/2019I've been living in Inchicore in Dublin 8. My point is that these are entirely unverified accounts describing alleged events which if true are rather serious allegations and if untrue could be jeopardising a new local business. These aren't opinions we're talking about.
Shea Carroll 12/01/2019Hi Ricky. I'm living here 31 years. Waiting a long time for a decent pub. Richmond Gastropub ( Gastro!)disappoints. Ever heard of TripAdvisor? Does the same. And you want to censor people's opinions? If it can't take constructive criticism ( and we don't know you're the one defending them) they shouldn't be in business. But I wish them well but they ( In my opinion. Yeah I know another opinion) need to up their game or admit defeat and become another bland Sky Sports etc pub like most of it's neighbours
Ken Walsh12/01/2019I've been to Richmond about 5 times since it opened and i can say each experience has been very good. Staff are lovely and the place is very nice. I am very happy to support this business allong with other local community businesses. Reading the troll comments here is baffling me though and I would personally despute if the comments are genuine. But I can only speak on my own personal experience.

John13/01/2019I contacted RTE liveline about this kip and the way I was treated. They wanted me to go on live on air to talk with Joe Duffy last Monday but I backed out at the last moment. Regretting it now as something needs to be done about this kip.
Ken Walsh13/01/2019Other pubs are available in Inchicore.
kEgan15/01/2019Went to this pub mid December for lunch. Only one other group eating, Simple order club toastie n chips. Waitress had difficulty understanding order despite repeating few times. After a long time 30 mins we were served but no cutlery and this we had to ask for twice. This was brought to table by different server, a guy. All in all it was a bad service experience and took ages for simple toastie. Food or service would not bring me back to eat here. It is by no means a Gastropub, menu nothing different. In fact food better across road B.Lion which is ordinary pub fare. Would hate to see service if there was more customers.