Golden Bridge House

AuthorMessage DateMessage
Denise Beddows15/06/2018Does anyone have any knowledge of Golden Bridge House, an old residence in Inchicore? I'm researching someone who lived there in about 1901 to 1905 and I understand there were a couple of fires at the house during that time. Has it been demolished? Anyone know the history of it? Grateful for any info or images. May thanks.
Cathal Lyons07/08/2018It was renamed Rosedale, I don't know when it was renamed, but it's still standing ( i'm standing in it! LOL) it's now apartments, i think it was a school for a while.

http://www.buildingsofireland.ie/niah/search.jsp?type=record&county=DU®no=50080478

on google maps you'll find it at the end of Tyrconnell Street

Aisling O24/03/2020It is not demolished it is beside the cemetary. There is abook in Ricmond Barracks with history about the family who lived there. I am also researching a family that once owned it.
Cathal Lyons28/03/2020there might have been a couple of things call Goldenbridge house, Rosedale was called Goldenbridge for many many years, I think Rosedale was the name the developer used in the Late 90's although Rosedale terrace is in front of us, so Rosedale must be associated with the area. Thanks for the heads up about the book, i will check it out when the barracks opens again.